Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring tomato sauce and Italian seasoning to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir 1/2 cup into the meat mixture; keep remaining sauce warm.
- Unroll pizza crust onto a floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. square; cut into 4 squares. Spread cream cheese over each to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and olives.
- Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with the remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 calzone: 541 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1552mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 19, 2009
I admit to having used store-bought pizza sauce instead of the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. I knew from similar recipes that we would prefer that. This was a good recipe, but not special enough to make it a "keeper".