Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring tomato sauce and Italian seasoning to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir 1/2 cup into the meat mixture; keep remaining sauce warm.
- Unroll pizza crust onto a floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. square; cut into four squares. Spread cream cheese over each to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and olives.
- Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with the remaining sauce.
Nov 19, 2009
I admit to having used store-bought pizza sauce instead of the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. I knew from similar recipes that we would prefer that. This was a good recipe, but not special enough to make it a "keeper".
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.