Sunshine State Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and diced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add cold water to juice to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin mixture. Chill until partially set. Stir in grapefruit, apple, pecans and pineapple; pour into a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 65 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 11, 2009
My husband is diabetic so he very much appreciated this recipe as I used sugar-free gelatin and unsweetened pineapple. The only other thing different I did was I used canned grapefruit segments, drained and patted dry.