Sunshine Ice Cream Pie
Bonnie Polson of Moravia, Iowa shares this pretty, easy-to-make frozen dessert. "Many people tell me it tastes like the Dreamsicles they loved as children."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Spread ice cream into crust; spread sherbet over ice cream. Freeze for at least 3 hours. Top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze. At least 30 minutes before serving, remove pie from freezer; arrange oranges on top and sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 303 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sunshine Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.