Sunshine Fruit Salad
This is an excellent salad any time of the year. Other fruits can be substituted when they're in season. —Delores Jones, Spokane, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 green or red tart apples, chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 large firm banana, slices
- In a salad bowl, combine oranges and sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add apples, kiwi, grapes, pineapple and yogurt; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add the banana just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 116 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sunshine Fruit Salad in Country Extra January 2001