Sunshine Fruit Salad
This is an excellent salad any time of the year. Other fruits can be substituted when they're in season.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 green or red tart apples, chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 large firm banana, slices
- In a salad bowl, combine oranges and sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add apples, kiwi, grapes, pineapple and yogurt; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add the banana just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 116 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sunshine Fruit Salad in Country Extra January 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.