Sunshine Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) orange marmalade
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 8 pounds whole chicken wings (about 40)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Dip wings into sauce and place on two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, reversing pans once during baking. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving. Keep warm in 6-qt. slow cooker.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 370 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Aug 30, 2012
Everytime I make this recipe I have requests for the recipe. Love this recipe. I am bringing it to our family camping trip this weekend.-Cathy B.
Nov 27, 2010
This chicken was wonderful, I will make this again
Oct 28, 2010
I made these for my daughters birthday, cooked them and put them in the crockpot, they were all eaten and the recipe was given out to 3 different people. They were great!
Apr 22, 2010
This was absolutely TERRIBLE. My dog would not even eat the meat.