Sunshine Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) orange marmalade
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 8 pounds whole chicken wings (about 40)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Dip wings into sauce and place on two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, reversing pans once during baking. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving. Keep warm in 6-qt. slow cooker.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 370 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2012
Everytime I make this recipe I have requests for the recipe. Love this recipe. I am bringing it to our family camping trip this weekend.-Cathy B.
Nov 27, 2010
This chicken was wonderful, I will make this again
Oct 28, 2010
I made these for my daughters birthday, cooked them and put them in the crockpot, they were all eaten and the recipe was given out to 3 different people. They were great!
Apr 22, 2010
This was absolutely TERRIBLE. My dog would not even eat the meat.