Sunshine Baked Eggs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 14 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add bacon and drippings, cottage cheese, pineapple and vanilla. Pour into greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 301 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 396mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
May 1, 2013
I would never think of pairing pineapple and cottage cheese with baked eggs but am excited to try it out. Using ham sounds like a wonderful spin and I think I'll try using coconut oil in place of the bacon fat for a subtle tropical feel. Yum!
Apr 12, 2012
At first I wondered about this combination, but now I'm intrigued. It sounds like a Hawaiian pizza in a pan. Ham sounds like a good substitute for the bacon, though I'm a bacon lover all the way.
Mar 29, 2012
To tsuop - Yes, there are 14 eggs, but it makes 8 servings - less than 2 eggs per serving.
Mar 20, 2012
Not much taste
Mar 19, 2012
Didn't care for the pineapple. 1# of bacon & 14 eggs Holy cholesterol!!
Apr 5, 2009
I made this for a spur-of-the moment family brunch. Instead of the bacon, I cut leftover ham into 1/4" cubes, added 2 TBSP melted butter in place of the bacon drippings, added 3 more eggs and the rest of the pint carton of cottage cheese and bked it in a 10 x 10 Corningware dish for 1 hour. It was delicious. Everyone loved it! Had homemade cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit salad and baked french toast. Perfect amount of food for 11 hungry brunchers.