- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 14 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain and discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add bacon and drippings, cottage cheese, pineapple and vanilla. Pour into greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSunshine Baked Eggs
"I would never think of pairing pineapple and cottage cheese with baked eggs but am excited to try it out. Using ham sounds like a wonderful spin and I think I'll try using coconut oil in place of the bacon fat for a subtle tropical feel. Yum!"
"At first I wondered about this combination, but now I'm intrigued. It sounds like a Hawaiian pizza in a pan. Ham sounds like a good substitute for the bacon, though I'm a bacon lover all the way."
"To tsuop - Yes, there are 14 eggs, but it makes 8 servings - less than 2 eggs per serving."
"Not much taste"
"Didn't care for the pineapple. 1# of bacon & 14 eggs Holy cholesterol!!"
"I made this for a spur-of-the moment family brunch. Instead of the bacon, I cut leftover ham into 1/4" cubes, added 2 TBSP melted butter in place of the bacon drippings, added 3 more eggs and the rest of the pint carton of cottage cheese and bked it in a 10 x 10 Corningware dish for 1 hour. It was delicious. Everyone loved it! Had homemade cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit salad and baked french toast. Perfect amount of food for 11 hungry brunchers."