Bright, beautiful, cool, refreshing, sweet, delicious and wholesome—what's there not to like in these homemade pops?—Colleen Ludovice, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Featured In: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup clementine segments (about 5 medium), seeded if necessary
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 10 plastic or paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- Place strawberries, 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon sugar in a food processor; pulse until combined. Divide among cups. Top cups with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Wipe food processor clean. Add clementines and orange juice; pulse until combined. Spoon over strawberry layer. Freeze, covered, until firm, about 2 hours.
- Repeat with pineapple and the remaining water and sugar. Spoon over clementine layer. Freeze, covered, until firm. Yield: 10 pops.
Originally published as Sunrise Pops in Frozen Desserts 2014, p15