Sunny Strawberry & Cantaloupe Salad
My little ones absolutely love this salad and ask me to make it all the time. Fruit and cheese taste delish together and the kids like to bite into the crunchy sunflower seeds. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- Thinly sliced fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, cantaloupe and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Just before serving, gently stir in raspberries; top with sunflower kernels. If desired, sprinkle with mint.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
May 30, 2014
Good fruit combinations, but I thought the cheese was a bit odd; it didn't seem to go with the fruits. I'd try a sweeter cheese in the future. I really liked the addition of the sunflower kernels, they give the salad a nice crunch.