Sunny Snow Peas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pound fresh snow peas or sugar snap peas
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add peas. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add orange juice mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 80 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2013
They were good, it is a keeper. The family asked for me to make them twice since the first time. So I take it they liked it.
Feb 16, 2012
Very light but tasty. If I change this recipe it might be to add Mandarin Oranges and use the juices as a partial substitute for the o.j.