- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pound fresh snow peas or sugar snap peas
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring 1 in of water and peas to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce over peas and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSunny Snow Peas
"They were good, it is a keeper. The family asked for me to make them twice since the first time. So I take it they liked it."
"Very light but tasty. If I change this recipe it might be to add Mandarin Oranges and use the juices as a partial substitute for the o.j."