Sunny Sherbet Cups
The sky's the limit with this delicious dessert! Substitute raspberry, pineapple or orange sherbet or replace the mandarin oranges with pineapple tidbits or fresh raspberries. Whipped cream and toasted nuts make tasty toppings.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 to 4 cups lemon sherbet
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla; cool for 5 minutes. Gently stir in the oranges. Scoop sherbet into individual dishes; top with orange sauce.