Sunny Breakfast Special
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 English muffin half
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread butter over muffin half; place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until butter is bubbly. Top with bacon and pineapple; spoon marmalade into center of pineapple ring. Brush egg white over top and sides of muffin. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- With a spoon, make a well in cheese; place egg yolk in well. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until egg is completely set and top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 356 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 264mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Dec 15, 2013
This recipe caught my interest because it sounded so different. I never cared for orange marmalade or Canadian bacon, but bought both just to try this and I am so glad I did! It was delicious! Getting ready to make it again right now-all 5 of my children(ages 1-9) enjoyed it as well.
May 3, 2010
Loved this, and super easy.
Feb 1, 2010
this has really good flavor; takes a bit of time to prepare, but is well worth it