- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 English muffin half
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread butter over muffin half; place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until butter is bubbly. Top with bacon and pineapple; spoon marmalade into center of pineapple ring. Brush egg white over top and sides of muffin.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. With a spoon, make a well in cheese; place egg yolk in well. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until egg is completely set and top is golden brown. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forSunny Breakfast Special
"This recipe caught my interest because it sounded so different. I never cared for orange marmalade or Canadian bacon, but bought both just to try this and I am so glad I did! It was delicious! Getting ready to make it again right now-all 5 of my children(ages 1-9) enjoyed it as well."
"Loved this, and super easy."
"this has really good flavor; takes a bit of time to prepare, but is well worth it"