Sunny Breakfast Smoothies
Tofu adds body to this peach- and cinnamon-flavored smoothie. Your kids will love the vibrant colors and delicious blend of healthy ingredients you might not otherwise think to put together.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 crushed ice
- 1/2 cup silken firm tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl; cover. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a blender, combine the carrots, oranges, peaches, juice, ice, tofu and cinnamon; cover and process for 1 minute or until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 157 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Sunny Breakfast Smoothie in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012