Sunny Apple Salad
Orange juice concentrate lends a tangy flavor to this crunchy salad sent in by Tammy Neubauer of Ida Grove, Iowa. "It's sunny color is sure to brighten up even the grayest day," she assures. "You can stir up the remaining orange juice concentrate for breakfast the next morning," Tammy suggests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 36 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Sunny Apple Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.