Sunflower Wheat Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (8 slices)
- 1 cup warm whole milk (70° to 80°)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons salted sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 258 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 9, 2012
This bread is very tasty!!! Also, it's very simple with the bread machine. I am always on the lookout for simple breads. All the different ingredients work well together. I did substitute coconut oil for the butter and still turned out great. I will be making this again.