Sunflower Tossed Salad
While the chicken is cooking, you can get the salad ready," suggests Lynn. Mixed greens, sliced cucumber and crunchy sunflower kernels make Sunflower Tossed Salad a certain success. "Since we have salad with most meals, I make the nicely tart dressing regularly," she relates.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, cucumber and sunflower kernels. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 218 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sunflower Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2003