Sunflower Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, onion, sunflower kernels and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 68 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sunflower Strawberry Spinach Salad
"This was fantastic. I found some strawberries at the store the other day and wanted to use them in something. This was a perfect summer salad for the winter time! My BF was skeptical of the dressing before he tried it (I put it on the side because we would have left overs). While eating it he said this is good....this is really good!"