Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makes66 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 6 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 2 packages (2-1/4 ounces each) slivered almonds
- 1-1/3 cups sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 pounds cabbage, shredded
- Break noodles into small pieces (save seasoning packets for another use). Place the noodles, almonds and sunflower kernels in 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter; toss to coat. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring several times; set aside.
- Combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and salt; toss with cabbage. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir in noodle mixture just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 185 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 29, 2009
I agree to the suggestion to resize a recipe.
May 31, 2009
I made this salad for my niece's wedding reception several years ago when it first appeared in Tastes of Home. It was great!
May 31, 2009
would be nice if there was a feature that would allow us toprint a reduced quanity.