- 6 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 2 packages (2-1/4 ounces each) slivered almonds
- 1-1/3 cups sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 pounds cabbage, shredded
- Break noodles into small pieces (save seasoning envelopes for another use). Place noodles, almonds and sunflower kernels in 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter; mix well. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring several times; set aside. Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and salt; toss with cabbage. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir in noodle mixture just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 66 (3/4 cup) servings.
Reviews forSunflower Slaw
"I agree to the suggestion to resize a recipe."
"I made this salad for my niece's wedding reception several years ago when it first appeared in Tastes of Home. It was great!"
"would be nice if there was a feature that would allow us toprint a reduced quanity."