Sunflower Seed Cookies Recipe
We grow 800 acres of sunflowers and use the nutritious seeds in a variety of recipes.—Connie White, Stirum, North Dakota
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted salted sunflower kernels
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add water and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in sunflower sees.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
2 each: 111 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Sunflower Seed Cookies
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC