Sunflower Popcorn Bars Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, corn syrup and honey to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the peanut butter, butter and vanilla until smooth. Add sunflower kernels.
- 2. Place popcorn in a large bowl. Add syrup and stir to coat. Press into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 96 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sunflower Popcorn Bars
"Just did a test run of this recipe and the syrup is just the right amount. Plan to make with my youth cooking class this month. Love that it incorporates sunflower seeds, just different enough, but most kiddos (and adults) will enjoy!"
"This was easy and good. I was looking for a way to use up sunflower seeds, now I will buy them just for this recipe. If you like honey and peanut butter this is a good one. I even wrote it in my special recipe box."