Sunflower Fudge Recipe
My family grows sunflowers on our farm, so I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to use the tasty kernels. This fudge is a favorite.—Pam Clemens, Wimbledon, North Dakota
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes), divided
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 34 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and greased the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chocolate chips, candy bars, marshmallow creme and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over chocolate mixture and stir until chocolate is melted. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 pounds.
1 piece: 304 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Sunflower Fudge
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC