Sunflower Corn Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in corn bread mix just until moistened. Spoon into greased miniature muffin cups. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen mini muffins.
2 each: 125 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sunflower Corn Muffins
"The canned corn makes these very moist and sweet. I varied it just slightly, topping some muffins with the sunflower seeds, and then mixing them into the batter for a few at the end. I used a full-size muffin tin and the only problem I had was that the tops didn't become high and domed, possibly due to moisture content - or pilot error. Doesn't matter - they were delicious!"