- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in corn bread mix just until moistened. Spoon into greased miniature muffin cups. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen mini muffins.
Reviews forSunflower Corn Muffins
"The canned corn makes these very moist and sweet. I varied it just slightly, topping some muffins with the sunflower seeds, and then mixing them into the batter for a few at the end. I used a full-size muffin tin and the only problem I had was that the tops didn't become high and domed, possibly due to moisture content - or pilot error. Doesn't matter - they were delicious!"