Sunflower Cheese Ball
Having lived in the Sunflower State all my life, I've loved using sunflower kernels in a variety of recipes. Here, those crunchy kernels coat a creamy cheese spread. —Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream and mustard until smooth. Add garlic powder. Stir in the cheese, olives and parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in sunflower kernels. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 108 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sunflower Cheese Ball in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002