Sunflower Beet Salad
With just five ingredients, this simple salad comes together in no time! Beets and sunflower kernels might seem like an unusual combination, but the result is delightful.—Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1/4 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- Divide the romaine among four salad plates; top with beets, onion and sunflower kernels. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Tossed Greens with Beets, Onion and Sunflower Seed in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.