Sunday Layered Salad
—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 13x9-in. baking pan, layer all ingredients in order given. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Do not toss. Cut into squares to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Originally published as Sunday Layered Salad in Country Woman May/June 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.