- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked Sassy Pot Roast
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add potatoes and carrots; cook 2 minutes longer. Add mushrooms; cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in the broth, vinegar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in beef; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSunday Herbed Pot Roast Soup
"Good recipe for leftover pot roast. I used my own recipe - maybe it tastes better using the TOH recipe called for. I like recipes for leftovers like this."