Sunday Fried Chicken
I serve this special chicken after church on Sundays. My family always looks forward to Sunday lunches just because of this chicken.—Carolyn Burton, Evanston, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 pounds each), cut up or 16 of your favorite poultry pieces
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture and shake off excess. Add a few chicken pieces at a time to the bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 6-10 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.