Sunday Chicken and Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions; spoon down the center of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place chicken around stuffing. Combine soup, milk and parsley; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 14, 2014
This has been a favorite of my husband's for years. I use chicken tenders. Love it!!
Oct 13, 2013
This is a great recipe, Charlotte. Thanks for sharing it! Next time, like another reviewer, I would use seasoned thighs. I prefer dark meat, too....Lea
Sep 17, 2012
my grandduaghter likes nothing, but she loved this, thanks
Nov 13, 2011
I would use chicken thighs just because I prefer dark meat and I would season the chicken before putting in pan. Very good and easy to make.
Apr 19, 2011
I might make this again if the chicken pieces were cut smaller rather than left as breasts. As it was, they were rather large pieces of bland chicken. I think it might work just as well and be more flavorful to cook the chicken on the stovetop -- cutting it up into smaller pieces and adding seasonings -- then add the soup and serve with stuffing.
Mar 16, 2011
I first saw this recipe in the Quick Cooking issue - we've enjoyed it many times over the years. I love how easy it is to make, but it seems almost "company dinner" worthy - and my husband really likes it and has requested it when we haven't had it in awhile.
Feb 12, 2011
very easy and quick recipe. Tasty. I will use low sodium soup next time, a bit high in sodium.