Sun-Dried Tomato & Goat Cheese Bites
I play Bunco once a month and one of my fellow players brought this for us to snack on. I thought these mini tarts were so delectable that I requested the recipe. I've since made them for my yearly Christmas party and they are always a smash. —Jean Wysocki, Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Separate each biscuit into two layers; press each into an ungreased miniature muffin cup.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, goat cheese, tomatoes, onion and pesto sauce mix; place a scant 2 teaspoonfuls in each cup. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 94 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Appetizers in Taste of Home Magazine - Best Loved Recipes 2012