Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 turkey bacon strips, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- 2. Combine cheese and tomatoes. Place 1/4 cup cheese mixture down the center of each chicken breast; top with each with bacon. Roll up from a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- 3. Place on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken roll-up: 416 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Roll-Ups
"I have made this several times with wonderful results. It's a nice dish for guests as it can be prepared in advance and baked while enjoying your company. I serve with a side of pasta and red sauce on top of both."
"This turned out perfectly! So easy & delicious!!"
"I have made this several times, substituting a very thin slice of ham for the turkey bacon, which I cannot find locally."
"This is now my very favorite chicken recipe! The filling ingredients go great together. It is so delicious!"
"So easy and so delicious! A new family favorite."
"Easier to make than I expected. It was so tasty. Everyone loved it."