Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Biscuits
On busy weeknights, I whip up these biscuits-especially when we're eating Italian. By the time the pasta's done cooking, they're golden brown and ready to serve. —Lisa Huff, Clive, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheeses, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir in buttermilk and tomatoes just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 178 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Italian Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Biscuits in Country Woman October/November 2008