Vanilla yogurt, with a touch of ginger and lime, coats the colorful summer fruits in this cool-tasting salad from our Test Kitchen home economists. For variety, try substituting other fruits of the season.
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a bowl, combine the fruit. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, lime juice, peel and ginger. Pour over fruit and stir gently to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Summertime Yogurt Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p11