Summertime Yogurt Salad
Vanilla yogurt, with a touch of ginger and lime, coats the colorful summer fruits in this cool-tasting salad from our Test Kitchen home economists. For variety, try substituting other fruits of the season.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a bowl, combine the fruit. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, lime juice, zest and ginger. Pour over fruit and stir gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 75 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Summertime Yogurt Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.