Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and broth until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, squash and red pepper in oil and butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 78 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 16, 2017
Made this tonight and it was delicious. Did it exactly as written and was it ever a good change of pace. Can't wait to try it in growing season. Definitely going in the file under keepers.Now onto the next recipe!
Sep 3, 2010
I made this tonight as a side dish with chicken and baked potatoes. This was delicious, of course I added more garlic and fresh basil from my herb garden and decreased the fat content by using pam spray. I will definitely be adding this to my summer time favorites.
Aug 10, 2009
This looks great, I will probably substitute lower fat margarine and oil since I'm watching my intake.Thanks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.