Summertime Salad with Honey Dressing
There's nothing like fresh fruit to keep you cool in the summer hear. My family is delighted whenever I serve this refreshing salad. It's also a hit at potlucks.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups fresh peach chunks (about 2 peaches)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- HONEY DRESSING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup peach preserves or orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, fruit, celery, almonds and onion. Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour about 1/2 cup (just enough to moisten) over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill salad and leftover dressing for several hours. Add remaining dressing just before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 517 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Summertime Salad with Honey Dressing in Country Chicken Cookbook