Summertime Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1. In a large kettle, cook pasta according to package directions. Place frozen vegetables in strainer. Pour cooked pasta and water over vegetables to thaw; rinse and drain well. In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine salad dressings, dill and garlic salt until smooth. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and dressing; stir gently to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 346 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Summertime Pasta Salad
"Took this to salad day at work. Was a great, co workers requested recipe. Made by the recipe. Love the favors."
"Love the flavors. I just used onion, olives and tomatoes for the veggies and added bacon bits. Yum."
"Yummy and so easy! Made it for a picnic and it was it the first dish to go!"
"I just made this for the 1st time... I added chopped onion and fresh chopped garlic and black olives... Delish !! Its a keeper !"
"This was very good I had out of town guest who loved it too. We added tomatoes and carrots to the mix. My aunt even asked me for the recipe."
"I wasn't a fan of this dish. There was something about the dressing (ranch and italian dressing) that just didn't seem right to me. It was a little better to eat once the pasta was chilled in the fridge for a while but I won't be making this again."
"Great recipe! Simple and full of flavor. Only thing is I despise frozen veggies so I used cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and cubed colby cheese and it turned out wonderful."
"Made this today and everyone loved it. I used frozen green peas, and then added diced onions, and 2 small tomatoes.I had a 4 year old grandson that scarfed it down. Ate 3 servings..Lots of great comments . A keeper of a recipe."
"I've made it twice already - very good."
"I took this to a backyard party and it was a big hit! It's so easy to make and delicious!"
"This was a very good salad! I didn't use as much dill weed and no tomatoes and was still good!"
"Oh, yeah! This is delicious! I only had frozen peas on hand, so this was my only substitution."
"green or red peppers, corn, peas,left over chicken........."