Summertime Orzo Salad
This salad comes together quickly and combines the flavors of fruit with Asian ingredients. Many friends and family members have commented on this salad's unique flavors.—Cheryl DeVecchis, Glassboro, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 apricots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium peach, peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in oil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the apricots, peach, onions, almonds, ginger, cilantro, coriander, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Add to orzo and stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 263 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Summertime Orzo Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008