Summertime Melon Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1-1/2 cups honeydew balls
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 4 medium cantaloupe melons, halved and seeded
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate and orange marmalade; pour over fruit and toss to coat. Spoon into cantaloupe halves. Garnish with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 264 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Summertime Melon Salad
"I would have never thought of using orange marmalade and lemonade together. It was sweet and tangy. Pretty tasty. Definitely different from just a bowl of fruit. It was better the next day after the marinade soaked in. I'm not crazy about cantaloupe. It gave it a good taste in my opinion."