Summertime Melon Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1-1/2 cups honeydew balls
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 4 medium cantaloupe melons, halved and seeded
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate and orange marmalade; pour over fruit and toss to coat. Spoon into cantaloupe halves. Garnish with mint.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 264 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 7, 2017
I would have never thought of using orange marmalade and lemonade together. It was sweet and tangy. Pretty tasty. Definitely different from just a bowl of fruit. It was better the next day after the marinade soaked in. I'm not crazy about cantaloupe. It gave it a good taste in my opinion.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.