Summer Veggie Salad
I can toss this salad together really fast and just refrigerate until I will serve it.—Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, onion and mushrooms if desired. in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 53 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Summer Veggie Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2000