Summer Veggie Pie Recipe
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded, chopped and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Gradually add the water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand for 10 minutes. In a skillet, saute zucchini and onions in oil for 5 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to plate; trim and flute edges. Spoon tomatoes over crust. Top with zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over cheese. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 370 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Summer Veggie Pie
"I THINK SOMEONE FORGOT PART OF THIS RECIPE? SORRY ABIUT THAT, I REREAD AND THE RECIPE IS ALL THERE. IT'S ME WHO'S NOT."