Summer Squash Toss
Take advantage of summer's best produce with this squash salad. The dependable oil-and-vinegar dressing stirs up in a jiffy.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium zucchin, julienned
- 1 medium tomato, julienned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the squash, zucchini and tomato. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 132 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Summer Squash Toss in 2004 Taste of Home Calendar