Summer Squash Toss
Take advantage of summer's best produce with this squash salad. The dependable oil-and-vinegar dressing stirs up in a jiffy.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium zucchin, julienned
- 1 medium tomato, julienned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the squash, zucchini and tomato. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 132 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Summer Squash Toss in 2004 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.