Summer Squash & Tomato Medley
Tender squash pairs nicely with ripe tomatoes in this special side dish. The fresh dill and feta cheese complete the refreshing taste.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add the squash; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in squash and cheese. Transfer to a serving platter. Combine tomato and onion; spoon over squash mixture. Serve immediately.