Summer Squash & Tomato Medley
Tender squash pairs nicely with ripe tomatoes in this special side dish. The fresh dill and feta cheese complete the refreshing taste.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add the squash; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in squash and cheese. Transfer to a serving platter. Combine tomato and onion; spoon over squash mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 393 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 1101mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Summer Squash with Dill, tomato and Feta in Summer Slow Cooker Meals Recipe Cards 2012