Summer Squash Stuffing Bake
A convenient stuffing mix adds comforting flavor to this creamy yellow squash bake. The simple side would be tasty with chicken or pork entrees. —Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 medium carrots, finely shredded
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add squash and onion. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and carrots. Drain squash mixture; gently stir into soup mixture.
- Place half of the stuffing mixture in a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with squash mixture and remaining stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and golden brown (cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly).