Summer Squash Slaw
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine squash, zucchini, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over squash mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 52 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.
Aug 10, 2012
I made this recipe years ago, before everything was online! This is a wonderful way to use up summer squash, and you can make it even if you don't have all the vegetables. I've made it with only green squash and it's still great. The different varieties add a nice color contrast but are not crucial to the overall taste. Very, very good.
Jul 12, 2008
sounds good will try this