- 1 yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and seasonings; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomato; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSummer Squash and Zucchini Side Dish
"That's the best basic recipe I found on the Internet. I had store-bought 12 oz squash medley and wanted to use it. I utilized this recipe. The only omissions I made were: much less garlic, no black pepper or spices except for sea salt. Sauteeing took much longer, since my veggies were cold from the fridge. So it took about 16 min to prepare on the skillet. The result was absolutely delicious, looked picture-perfect and appetizing, and so good for you !Thank you so much for the simple and wonderful recipe !"
"Wonderful side dish. I used egg substitute. Also used a piece of bacon instead of oil."
"We grow our own zucchini and squash and this recipe is our favorite. My husband requests it often in the summer months."